Considering Fence Replacement? You Might Not Need To!
If your old fence is starting to show signs of wear and tear, whether it's through accidental damage in a storm or simply through years of use, there are two options that you have. You could either undergo a complete fence replacement or you could hire a fence repair service.
When you choose to install a fence around your home, you have many options. You can choose between a chain link fence, vinyl fence, or privacy chain link fence. However, before rushing to replace your current fence do keep the following points in mind:
- Chain-link: This popular material is very affordable and long-lasting. A chain link fence is the perfect option for those looking for a strong, dependable structure that will last for many years to come.
- Wood: If you currently have a wooden fence, we recommend considering other options when you are thinking of fence replacement. Wooden fences, unfortunately, tend to have a shorter life-span since they can develop cracks, warp, and require continual maintenance.
- Vinyl: This is a popular fencing option due to its versatile and durable nature. It is available in a range of styles and is the perfect option if you are trying to give your home a ranch look.
- Long or short term: If, in the future, you don't want to have to finance fence replacement again, try choosing a long-lasting material, such as chain link or vinyl. Also keep in mind the requirements you have today, compared to your future requirements. This means that perhaps today you want to install a shorter vinyl fence, but in a few years, however, you may need a much taller fence to stop your children or pets from jumping over. This would mean an unnecessary change of fences after a short period of time, which could have been avoided with a little bit of foresight.
- Cost: Once you know exactly what you want to get out of your fence, such as protection, privacy or aesthetics, you need to ask yourself how much you are willing to spend on things like fence repair services. This will also help determine which materials you should consider.
On the other hand, if you make some important fence repairs, you may not need to replace the fence at all. Check the following before completing an entire fence replacement:
- Damage: If a section of your fence happens to experience damage, such as from a vehicle or even possibly vandalism, then repair would be a great option. For chain link fence owners, setting a post or stretching some new wire is the perfect option, rather than having to replace the whole fence.
- Leaning fence: You may start seeing sagging and bending in sections of your fence, which result from weather or age. While it can sometimes be easy to repair these types of problems, it will depend on the extent of the damage.
- Broken Gate: Whether it’s a rusty hinge or a broken wheel, gate fence repair services are normally a cheap option to get your gate functioning again.
Keep in mind that, if a good majority of your fence is in need of repair, fence replacement might be the best option. If you maintain your fence properly, it can last between 10-30 years, or if you would rather not have to worry about maintenance, then definitely consider chain link fencing. We don’t recommend that you install or repair a fence yourself unless you are a seasoned expert. Instead, hire an experienced, qualified professional. All American Fence Erectors employ professionals who have years of experience with fence Installation in areas such as Oak Hills, Hesperia, Victorville, and the rest of the High Desert!